Last updated 9 October 2019.
Liddell and Crook Ltd respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information.
For the purposes of applicable data protection laws, we are the controller.
About Liddell and Crook Ltd
Liddell and Crook Ltd provides its clients with tax and management accounting services, including preparing annual and interim financial statements, Income tax returns, GST returns, PAYE returns and other IRD requirements. We can also assist with ACC.
What we collect
We collect personal information from you:
- When you become our client
- When you enter or upload data as part of using the 2Shakes website – our AML intermediary software provider
- When you use the Xero software for accountancy purposes
Why we collect it, and what we use it for:
- We collect and use your personal information for various purposes:
- To link you to our Inland Revenue Agency listing
- To complete our obligations under the Anti Money Laundering and Countering of Financing of Terrorism Act
- To prepare financial statements and income tax returns for you
- To assist with ACC obligations as you require
- To assist with Companies Office obligations as you require
- To assist with WINZ matters
- To comply with laws in New Zealand and overseas, where they apply.
Sharing your personal information:
We may provide your personal information to our employees, contractors, advisors, agents and third-party service providers, where we believe this is appropriate to help us with any of the purposes outlined above. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that those recipients do not use that personal information for any other purpose.
We may also release personal information when we believe this is appropriate for legal compliance and law enforcement (including to government agencies with statutory law enforcement responsibilities), or to facilitate court proceedings, enforce or apply our Terms of Trade, or protect our company, our clients or others. Without limiting the above, we may release personal information to Inland Revenue where requested by Inland Revenue in connection with an enquiry, audit or investigation by Inland Revenue relating to authority forms provided to Inland Revenue.
How we store your personal information:
We will store any personal information we collect from you in accordance with our obligations under the Privacy Act 1993 and will take reasonable steps to ensure the security of your personal information. Your personal information may be stored on servers owned by our computing infrastructure service providers (currently Microsoft and Xero), under an account that we control.
Right to access your information:
Where we receive information about others from you:
This means that you must take reasonable steps to ensure the individual concerned is aware of and/or consents to the various matters detailed in this policy, including the fact that their personal information is being collected, the purposes for which that information is being collected, the intended recipients of that information, the individual’s right to obtain access to that information, our identity, and how to contact us.